Getting ready to sell your Arkansas home? Here’s how long you can expect it to take — and some tips on how to speed things up (and still get a great price).
- In 2022, the average time it takes to sell a home in Arkansas — from listing through closing — is approximately 85 days. That’s 50 days to get an offer, plus the typical 35-day closing period.
- Key factors that impact Arkansas home sale timelines include local market conditions (e.g., buyer demand, job market, rising home values, etc.), time of year, and your property’s type and condition.
- Your agent’s listing strategy (pricing, marketing, networking, etc.) and the buyer’s financing situation — i.e., the amount of time it takes for them to secure loan approval — will also influence how long your sale ultimately takes.
Read on to learn more about how long it takes to sell a house in Arkansas and get some pro tips on how to speed up your sale, get better offers, and save thousands in the process.
|Editor’s Note: The data in this article may be slightly skewed because of COVID-19’s disruptive effect on real estate trends. See the table at the end of this article to compare data from before and after the pandemic and see how drastically trends were affected in your state.|
JUMP TO SECTION
- What’s the average time to sell a house in Arkansas?
- Best time to sell a house in Arkansas
- Best month to sell a house fast in Arkansas
- Best month to sell a house in Arkansas for price
- Tips to get your Arkansas home sold
- Next steps for Arkansas home sellers
- Additional resources for Arkansas home sellers
What’s the average time to sell a house in Arkansas?
The average time it takes to sell a house in Arkansas is 85 days — 50 days to get an offer and an additional 35 days to close. This is approximately 2.4% slower than the national average.
Keep in mind that these are annual averages and the numbers will vary by month and/or season.
👋 Don't want to wait 85 days to sell your house?
Selling to a Arkansas cash home buyer could put money in your bank account in as little as 7 days.
Clever Offers makes it easy to compare offer from top cash home buyers in Arkansas. Just fill out the form below to get matched with a top local realtor, who will request offers on your behalf from trustworthy local companies. You'll also get a free home valuation, so you can see what your house is worth on the open market and be confident you're making the right decision.
You can request cash offers without any risk or obligation — if you're not happy with an offer, you're free to walk away.
Compare offers from top cash buyers, plus get an expert realtor's opinion on what your house is worth.
Best time to sell a house in Arkansas
In addition to the average days on market and list price data, we’ve compiled data on the BEST (and worst) times to sell your Arkansas house based on what’s most important to you:
- Fastest Time to Sell: When should you list your home if you’re looking to sell quickly?
- Highest Sale Price: What month should you list in to get the best possible price for your home?
Best month to sell a house fast in Arkansas
The best month to sell a house fast in Arkansas is May. The median time it takes for Arkansas homes listed in May to sell is 38 days, which is 12 days faster than the annual average.
» READ: How to sell your house fast
Best month to sell a house in Arkansas for price
The best month to sell a house in Arkansas in terms of sale price is October. The median sale price in October is $280,000, which is 11.1% — or $28,070 — more than the annual average.
Tips to get your Arkansas home sold
1. Price your home competitively.
This is the most important step. Pricing your home can make or break the time it spends on the market and the amount you earn from the sale. Nothing can kill the home sale like an overpriced, inflated number. Part of your Clever Partner Agent’s service includes a competitive market analysis (CMA) that will help you understand the true value of your home and price it well.
2. Stay current with technology.
In today’s climate, almost everything is done online. Shopping for homes is no exception. Have professional photos of your home taken and make sure the listing is well-written and attractive.
3. Perform small repairs.
Replacing the carpets, adding new paint, and landscaping the yard make the home feel new, without breaking the bank. Buyers will get to see a home without your personal imprint on it.
4. Have a flexible schedule.
Accommodating house tours, last minute inquiries, or chance drop ins can help your home sell faster. The more people you get into your home the better when it comes to getting that bad boy sold.
5. Work with a professional.
An experienced realtor will steer the ship, guiding you through the entire home selling process. A Partner Agent helps during each facet of your home sale, including listing, marketing, touring, and closing.
Next steps for Arkansas home sellers
If you’re looking to sell your home fast in Arkansas and get a great price, Semya-Moya can match you with a top local realtor from a trusted brand like Keller Williams or RE/MAX.
Clever also negotiates reduced 1.5% listing fees on your behalf. You'll get guaranteed full service and support from your agent, but pay half of the 3% listing fee most realtors charge.
Importantly, home sellers who list with Clever get their first qualified offer in an average of 24.1 days* — that’s 26 days faster than the average time to offer in Arkansas. Find a top local agent and get a 1.5% listing fee now!
Want to find a top local agent without overpaying on realtor fees? Clever negotiates 1.5% listing fees with top-rated realtors from name-brand conventional brokerages like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and Berkshire Hathaway.
Get guaranteed full service for half the rate these agents typically charge. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top local agent today!
*Average time to offer for Clever home sellers
Average time to sell a house in Arkansas: 2019-2021
Additional resources for Arkansas home sellers